Chocolatey, gooey, deliciously decadent brownies.
225 gr butter
115 gr good quality cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
2 tsp strong brewed coffee (optional)
1 cup each of chocolate pieces and chopped nuts
1. Lightly butter the sides of a 25 x 35 cm glass baking dish (9 x 13 inch) and line with parchment paper.
2. In a pot gently melt the butter.
3. Once melted add the cocoa powder and combine.
4. Add the sugar and stir.
5. Stir over med heat for a couple of minutes and then add the eggs, vanilla extract, coffee and remove from heat.
6. Fold in the flour, chocolate pieces and chopped nuts.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake at 165 degrees Celsius (325 F) for about 30 minutes.
• You can use unsweetened chocolate instead of the cocoa. Previously I had used four 1 oz squares of chocolate and melted them together with the butter in the first step.
• If you prefer, you can substitute chocolate chips for the chopped chocolate.
• You can sprinkle on additional chocolate pieces and chopped nuts over the top once it’s in the pan.
• If you use a different sized baking dish remember to keep an eye on it once it’s in the oven and adjust the baking time.
• Baking time can also be adjusted if you want a more gooey brownie.