… make banana bread.
I’ve been using this recipe for years though I can’t quite remember where I got it from. I sometimes add chocolate bits, sometimes walnuts, sometimes both (as I have today) though it’s just as good without.
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large bananas (the riper, the better)
- mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- add eggs, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix
- add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar
- mix until all ingredients are well incorporated
- add mixture to either a loaf pan or glass baking dish (I like to line the bottom and sides with parchment paper)
- bake at 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C)
- 30 to 40 minutes if using a glass baking dish or up to an hour if using a loaf pan
If you try the recipe I’d love to hear how it turned out for you!